Long recognized as a leading textbook in this fast-moving field, Emery's Elements of Medical Genetics and Genomics offers current, complete information with a strong basis in practical clinical genetics and genomics for medical school and beyond. The 16th Edition of this award-winning text has been thoroughly updated throughout and includes case-based and multiple-choice questions, end-of-chapter summaries, an extensive glossary, and convenient online access, making it an ideal choice for all medical undergraduates as well as postgraduates seeking to improve their understanding and knowledge.
- Includes new case-based studies with questions and answers throughout, in addition to multiple-choice self-assessment questions for study and review.
- Covers key topics such as pharmacogenetics, personalized medicine, prenatal testing, reproductive genetics, and ethical and legal issues in medical genetics.
- Divides the text into three easy-to-use sections: The Scientific Basis of Human Genetics, Genetics in Medicine and Genomic Medicine, and Clinical Genetics, Counseling and Ethics
- Features full-color illustrations and other images that help readers visualize the appearance of genetic disorders and assist with the understanding of complex genetic structures.
- Contains learning features such as summary boxes, an extensive glossary of terms, online hyperlinks to important genetics websites and clinical databases, and more.
- Presents the extensive knowledge and experience of distinguished editors Peter D. Turnpenny and Sian Ellard, as well as new editor Ruth Cleaver.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.